Tuesday 1 November 2011

365 Days of Salads and counting

Well, everything started here.
After creating 365 salads in one year.
My challenge was coming to an end.
365 days, 365 new and original salads photographed and posted here.
But I didn't give up there nor now after 4 year.

I can't believe the number of combinations I've created,
some are very good, others OK, others so and so,
but I was learning in the process and I've definitely honed my skills.

I started this project to see if it was possible to create 365 salads for lunch from my desk, in the office or at home.
I was keen on demonstrating that salads are a yummy, fancy and complete meal, and I feel like I did it in the end.
I actually felt like I've just started nailing the art of salad making.
Only now I'm really getting the tricks on how to make successful dishes.

I've been studying and reading a lot about nutrition, seasonal veggies, properties of the ingredients, food associations, vegetarianism, vegan-ism, raw vegan-ism, local farming, organic farming, etc...
I feel kind of knowledgeable on many food-related issues, but there is always more to learn.

I hope I raised a little bit of awareness about the importance of having a sustainable, organic and healthy diet.
Especially about what your diet impact on your personal health, your local community,
and ultimately on the future of our children and of the planet in itself.

Eat a lot of tasty salads. An be proud of it.

Ciao
David

17 comments:

  1. Congrats, and thanks for including us in your meals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I found you blog about halfway through the year. Your creations were always colorful and never boring. I look forward to what you bring us next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a pleasure! Now combine them into a book :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations, i loved seeing all your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've loved every bite of your salad posts.
    Tried many of them and put a good bit of them in my "to try" file.
    I am also always on the lookout for salad dressing and simple raw desserts.
    Thank you for a year of wonderful salads.
    Happy Holidays!
    Frannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. ODE ALL'INSALATA
    Per la verde lattuga trasparente, fresca la foglia aperta al suo ventaglio, c’è quest’olio di luce, queste mente di poggio e dal suo tartaro fiorita la viola d’aceto, spicca l’aglio. Il carciofo nell’indaco s’abbruna al suo verde di panno e di laguna. Rosso il radicchio a prendere s’avvita nel suo cespo croccante. È la tua tavola, un giorno che riposa – nel nome d’ogni cosa. Ed è quasi una favola.

    Gian Luigi Beccaria, "Misticanze. Parole del gusto, linguaggi del cibo"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your posts are a great database of simple, healthy recipes. Thank you. I'm going to enjoy trying out all the vegan salads (which is a lot of them!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for an amazing recipe, love your blog
    Low Fat Salad Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an inspiration your endeavor has been and will continue to be. Your salad creations have been beautiful to view, fun to duplicate and is the healthiest blog I visit. Thank you, thank you.
    The ingredient list is my first stop when I have something on hand to use up or have spied in one of your masterpieces and have always wanted to try or been introduced to in one of your creations.
    Well done, David... most sincerely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, congrats, David! Thank you for sharing all your amazing ideas with us. Helped me a lot to become one proud salad eater.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks guys for the comments!
    I'll keep posting and I'm looking for a publisher... we will see.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ciao David!
    Ti ho appena scoperto e il tuo progetto, ormai concluso, è veramente fantastico!
    Le tue insalate sono meravigliose!
    Complimenti!
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  13. grazie Katy!
    il mio progetto e' appena finito, ma anche appena iniziato, vedrai che c'e' mettero' moltissime nuove ricette.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are a total inspiration. Thank you so much for the most delicious and visually stunning salads. Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...