Sunday 29 May 2011

The End of the Line - Imagine a World without fish

The End of the LineThe End of the Line
Great documentary from Rupert Murray, which examines the consequences of unchecked, unregulated sea fishing across the globe

This is not a film about what might happen, this is a film about what has happened.

The collapse of the cod population saw the end of 40,000 jobs; the bluefin tuna is being hunted to extinction; it takes five kilos of anchovies to produce one fish farmed salmon.

The final chilling conclusion is that unless more radical steps are taken globally, including the reduction of overfishing, it will take just 50 years for the world's ocean's to be all fished out.


4 comments:

  1. Wow, scary. Thanks for this post, I probably would not have been aware of this video if I had not seen it here.

    Winnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for this post! I have to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last salad had octopus in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, Anonymous!
    That's why I post also this, to raise awareness!
    Did you notice how many salad with fish I have?
    less than 5%...
    I'm not saying to never have fish anymore, I'm saying that we have to be aware of the fact that we have to limit our consumption of it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...